lunes, 26 de mayo de 2014

La república de Irlanda y el quilt cadena irlandesa / The Irish Republic and the Irish chain quilt

Buen lunes a todos! Hace unas semanas os enseñaba el top del quilt "Cadena irlandesa" que he hecho y que acolcharé cuando llegue el invierno. Este no es el primer quilt que he hecho pero sí el más grande. Hace años hice otro con aplicación y con un tamaño para quilt de sofá (no recuerdo la medida exacta) que todavía sigue pendiente de acolchar y poner bies. Bueeeno, voy al tema. El dibujo para este quilt "Cadena irlandesa" lo elegí por dos motivos: uno, porque era un diseño fácil para una principianta y dos y más importante porque tengo verdadera debilidad por todo lo irlandés. No lo puedo evitar.

Good monday everybody! Some weeks ago I showed you here the top of the Irish chain quilt that I've sewn and that I'll quilt when winter arrives. This isn't the first quilt I've sewn but it is the biggest. Some years ago I sewed an appliqué one and the size was about a sofa/couch quilt (I can't remember the exact measurements) which is still in the to-do list for quilting and binding. Weeell, straight to the point. I chose the design for this Irish chain quilt for two reasons: first, because it was an easy design for a novice sewer and second and most important because I have a soft spot for anything Irish. I can't avoid it.



Hace ya bastantes años (en 1.992) pasé dos semanas en Dublín (los viajes al extranjero acabaron cuando me "casé" con el Sr. Hipoteca, un marido muyy celoso jajaja). Fui allí para practicar el inglés y conocer un poco de la república de Irlanda. Me alojaba en un apartamento del campus de la universidad e iba a clase todas las mañanas. No sabía mucho de la república de Irlanda o de los irlandeses pero ya había estado tres veces en Inglaterra e imaginaba que tendrían un carácter parecido. Pero me equivoqué. Para mí tienen lo mejor de los ingleses y lo mejor de los españoles. En general son espontáneos, abiertos y sociables. Vamos que os podéis imaginar lo bien que me lo pasé las dos semanas que estuve allí y que me dejaron tan buen recuerdo que me apetecía tener algo que me recordase a la república de Irlanda y……¡ya lo tengo!.

www.viajarxeuropa.com (catedral de San Patricio/ St.Patrick's cathedral)
Many years ago (in 1.992) I spent two weeks in Dublin (travelling abroad ended when I "married" Mr. Mortgage, a veeery jealous husband jajaja). I went there to practise English and get to know a little bit about the Irish Republic. I stayed in an University campus apartment and went to English classes every morning. I didn't know much about the Irish Republic or the Irish people but as I had already been three times in England I thought they had a similar way of being. But I was wrong. For me they have the best of the English people and the best of the Spanish people. In general they are spontaneous, open and sociable. Well you can imagine I had a really great time in those two weeks I spent there and they left me so nice memories that even after so many years I wanted to have something to remind me the Irish Republic and…..now I have it!

2 comentarios:

  1. it must have been so nice to spend time in Ireland - that is a place I would love to visit one day. the photo you show is beautiful and I love your quilt!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It really was so nice the only "but" I could say was that it rained the two weekends I spent there, but not just a little bit it poured from friday to almost sunday which made my friends and I unable to do any trip but even though it was a fantastic time. I recommend it to you. Many thanks for your compliment to my quilt. Now I am starting the hexie one and a wallhanging, patchwork (quilting) is so addictive!!

      Eliminar

¡Gracias por vuestros comentarios, me encanta leerlos!/ Thanks for your comments, I love reading them!